Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Non-linear PowerPoint

I enjoyed the "Non-linear Powerpoint" experience. I created a quiz on literary terms. powerpoint has a wide variety of clipart, so I was able to find pictures related to my topic. I used an eraser image when the wrong answer was selected - clicking the eraser brings you back to the question. This is a nice feature of non-linear powerpoint - going to a different slide depending on what answer you select. I think this is something students could use for creating their own powerpoint presentations. Teachers can also create lessons with review questions that either lead forward in the lesson or back for more review.
The value of non-linear powerpoint over the traditional variety is that they are designed to be more interactive. This, in turn, holds the audience's attention better. Non-linear powerpoint presentations are a useful tool for teachers to engage their students and let them become involved - not just listen to a lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment