Monday, October 31, 2011

Mid-Term Reflections...

This course thus far has been a great introduction to educational technology, I have gotten a chance to learn about some new technology tools – Wordle, Blogster and get actual experience with things I have heard of but never used much –blogging, wikis and Photostory. I like hearing and reading about everyone’s perspective depending on what their area of specialization is. I enjoyed learning Photoshop the most and am thinking of some more projects I can use it for. I also liked the digital story lesson and watching everyone’s different interpretation of the Robert Frost poem.
I think the most challenging part, aside from understanding copyright laws, is coming up with creative ideas for the projects. There have been moments when I have felt pretty creatively challenged, and that can be frustrating. Not being in the school system yet, and this being my first semester, I do not always really know how these technology tools would be applied, it is still a bit abstract for me. I do find it useful to always try to connect the technologies and lessons to content standards – to start thinking like a teacher. For the remainder of the semester, I am looking forward to learning about podcasting the most; this will be new for me. Also, perfecting the website and making things look the way I want takes more time than I would have thought; I want to spend time to make it JUST RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment