Monday, October 3, 2011

Photoshop

I created this picture using Photoshop:

I combined three of my pictures to create this boys in the woods picture. The "magic wand" was the perfect tool to take Hank out of a picture from the beach and Duke off the couch. I used the clone tool to extend the trees to cover up the vehicles that were in the original picture.  Finally I used the "artistic dry brush filter" which adds a painting look to the picture  - which also helps cover up the imperfections.
Photoshop can be fun to use - but can also be a challenge to learn.  There are so many tools and options offered by Photoshop, I spent tons of time experimenting.  I think it would be most useful for older students; for younger students a teacher could create something on there own to generate interest in a particular lesson.
There are many creative ways to use Photoshop in lesson plans: students can use Photoshop to create visual representations of novels or poems, create posters on a variety of topics or even put themselves in historical photos or paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment