Monday, September 12, 2011

Learning Styles

I have taken similar quizzes in the past and had a good idea where I would fall. There were no real surprises for these quizzes. For the learning styles quiz I am logical-mathematical, visual-spatial and intrapersonal and for the "what's your style" I am a visual learner. I preferred the “edutopia” learning styles quiz over the other since there were more specific learning styles, not just the broad three. The mantras were a nice touch.
The implications for teaching are that as teachers we will have to keep in mind that students are going to have a variety of learning styles. Knowing students learning styles can help teachers be better prepared. The best way for one student to learn may not be the best way another, so teachers need to learn to adapt. Technology can offer assistance and can open up more possibilities for students to learn and study in a way that is consistent with their learning style.

No comments:

Post a Comment